Friday, February 20, 2009

Now, that idea really went down the drain

I do agree, the title is punny, but do give me a break. Its 1:00am and cant go to sleep. That's the best I can come up with.

I was trying to organise my photos when I stumbled upon this one. I took it in Amsterdam last summer. I hope people dont find it disgusting. If they do, I apologise

 
At first it might look like a picture of an urinal, but look closer(if you click on the picture, it opens up bigger in a new window). I even read about it a long time ago. In order to reduce the "splash" around the urinal, the designers came up with this simple idea of strategically placing a picture of a fly.

Now, I can pretty much say this for every guy in this planet that when we pee, we always aim at something. If we spot something out of place, we have to dislodge it and send it down the drain. Don't ask me why, I dont know, but that's the way it is. Ladies, I know what you are thinking, that  this doesn't make any sense. Again, I dont have the answer, its just the way we are.

Apparently this little fly thingie is doing the job it is intended to do. I knew the whole story behind this but still couldnt help myself. Must..clean..that..spot. Have..to..save..the..planet

P.S: Thats not the one I took a leak in.

No comments: