Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snowboarding...

Since none of my friends snow-board, I signed up for this meetup group for DC snowboarders. I was a little apprehensive, first since I had to get up at 6am, I am sporting an injured elbow from 2 weeks ago(took a fall snowboarding) and I didn't know anybody in this group.

We went to Whitetail this Saturday. Generally the slopes around here are pretty bad, so wasn't expecting very much. But what a day it turned out to be. I had a great group with me, the weather was perfect and the slopes had enough powder to enjoy going down it. There was this one dude in this group who boarded with left arm in a cast. He had broken in last week doing you know what. We started at 10:00 and went on till 5:00. I wanted to, but couldn't stay longer(see, you cant have these conditions in DC that often) since my ride wanted to go home.

I came home at 7:00 and the next thing I remember is day light. Gotta love that waking up feeling all beat up.

Here are some pictures.

P.S: that's not a macho pose :), I am goofy(I have my right leg forward when snowboarding), so I had to turn that way. That cabin is on top of one of the slopes and I think the layers of snow are formed by the snow-making equipment.

Tom Sims and Sherman Poppen, thank you.

No comments: