Friday, December 5, 2008

House fire in Bethesda

Last Wednesday just before my shift started there was a house fire on Jamestown Road in Bethesda where 2 yr old triplets were trapped. Two fire-fighters from my squad went into the burning house and rescued 2 of them. The third triplet was rescued by another FF. Heres a Washington post article about this incident. I am glad to know that two of the kids are doing better. I hope they make a full recovery. I feel proud that the two FF's are from my squad and am happy to say they didn't suffer any serious burns.

Courage, is not a very hard quality in my opinion, and neither is it rare. Almost all of us have it, just that its dormant. All it takes is a moment of calling to awaken it. Most of us never get that opportunity, some of us do.

Update: heres a video of channel 9 interview.

No comments: