Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I can call it a day

It was the perfect ending to a long day. I had a fun night yesterday &
came home around 4. I then to wake up and go to hand out fliers for
saving my trail( it's a long story). The county is planning to build
the purple line metro along the trail and they are going to cut about
15 acres of trees in the process. I want the purple line just as much
but not at the cost of my trail which I ride everyday. We gave
proposed alternatives, but it's gonna be a tough battle. So, that
said there was a half marathon taking place on the trail and it seemed
a good idea to get public support. Anyway, came home and hit the sack
and woke up at 5.

I had to go downtown to pick some some stuff for my trip tomorrow and
just I was starting back my lieutenant called me and asked if I wanted
to for a quick bike ride. I rushed home and got ready. We started
around 6:30 from the River rd trail and ended back there at around
7:45 after making a 7 mile loop. I never had an idea there was such a
cool trail right in my backyard. I will try to put the trail route up
once I get it. Unfortunately I didnt take any pictures. There was some
beautiful spots like this really small beach kinda area by a creek
and a some cool ascents and descents. Its not as technical as Schafers
farm but still was fun riding it.

One of the reasons why I do mountain bike and other physical activities is that it takes my mind of other things. You have to fully concentrate when you are going downhill with rocks and what not or when you have steep climb in front of you. Its hard work for the body but rest for my mind :).

Update:

Heres the link for the trail that we went on Dashboard

No comments: