Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birds eye view

The feeling of soaring in the air with silence around you and the world beneath is something I cannot express. One has to go through the emotion to understand what I mean. No offense to sky divers, but apart from the rush you get at the moment you jump head first, the feeling was not the same throughout.

It was a cool October morning when I took off. The moment you take off in itself is a feeling to savour. You can literally see, hear and feel the ground being left behind. We were towed to 2500 ft by a ultralight aircraft and let go. The aircraft dives back for the next tow as soon as the line is cut so you go from noisy to silent ambiance in a moment. As far as the flight goes, you are constantly gliding back down and mostly what you can do is turn left, right or dive, unless, and this happened to us, you catch a thermal, which took us up to 4000 ft very quickly. It felt like the wind was telling me, let me take you up there, the view is much better.

If you liked what you just read, believe me it only gets better.

 
  
P.S:  The camera is attached to the wing and is controlled by a lever near the pilot. Comments on my head gear are welcome.

No comments: